Altered Fantom 1.0 is a great choice if you are looking for an average electric skateboard that serves you with all the basic fundamentals of a skateboard with a good credential. But it may not be a match if you look for an extraordinary product that provides not only basic but also very appealing and newest tricks and features.
It is not much of an attraction when other boards are placed with it but some of its breathtaking features have urged us to mark it as one of the best electric skateboards that you can get under the budget of $500.
Table of Contents
Strong and long deck:
Firstly, one of the best features that make this board purchase worthy is its strong and durable composition. Its deck is made up of 7 ply maple wood that guarantees strength and reliability. There is also provision of a high surface area for well balancing of the rider as the deck is 23 inches long.
Are the motor & speed good?
Coming to the speed and motor system of the Altered Fantom.1, let us inform you that these are not the best suites of the board. This electric skateboard unfortunately has been equipped with a common motor that hardly provides 100 watt power. With such low of a power, one wouldn’t expect a high speed. The maximum speed that this fellow can deliver is 10 mile per hour only.
For an electric skateboard that costs $400, this low power supply and less speed is just unfair.
The mileage that the board’s battery can provide
The mileage that this electric skateboard can cross with a single charge is around 8 miles which is quite near to its maximum speed. This comes off as a good thing as the timing is not very bad.
Mentioning again that the speed of the board under any circumstances, is highly dependent on the weight of the rider and the condition of the road that you are riding the board on. A smooth road and an average weighing person will make the board work exactly according to its promised potential and vice versa.
What exactly is the weight limit of the board?
In order to make the board work up to its potential, we would like to guide you about the limitations that this Altered Fantom.1 holds in case of its weight carrying capacity.
The electric skateboard, unfortunately, is able to carry around only 120 lbs. maximum. Considering the less weight carrying ability, one may come to the thought that this board may be designed for little children. While it is not mentioned anywhere on the board and it doesn’t even look like one made for kids, it may or may not be true. You can be the judge here when you give this board a try.
Even if it were true, don’t you worry! This is not a downside. This board may become the silver lining to your cloud on your kid’s birthday or when your niece wins the game and you need to appreciate her with a gift. If you are a light weighted person or a teen yourself, you yourself are in luck as it can be a great fit for you! Kids would love to show off this new ride to their friends.
Apart from some attractive features, this product is not very impressive after all. This is why we declare it one of the least favored electric skateboards under $500.
Don’t miss some other amazing models that may be interesting to you:
- Move more, kick less — kick-to-cruise locks in your current speed up to 9. 3 mph, so you can cut, Carve & Coast like a true skateboard Legend.
- Powerfully responsive sensors — Intelligently placed sensors detect weight and motion, automatically stopping The board in seconds when you dismount.
- Real feel skateboarding — the 72mm (2. 8 in) polyurethane wheels along with the Polypropylene deck have the flexibility to handle pavement like a Pro, absorbing the shocks from bumpier pavement.
- Made for epic rides — from its first ride to its 1000Th, the NG-3 will look and perform pristine. Its 8. 9-Inch wide deck is crafted from super-dense Polypropylene that won’t wear, fade or crack.
- World-class support — every Swagtron electric skateboard is backed by our expert team of support specialists, fully staffed in the U. S. And available by phone, email or live chat.
- UI certification E503354, 0. 59 inches thick, The thinnest E-skateboard; 3 inches off the ground provides stability and control.
- 37 inches longboard, 8. 7 inches wide, weighs 14. 5 pounds and can hold a maximum load of 200 pounds.
- Powered by high-performance 380W x 2 motors giving it a 9~11 miles range with a top speed of 22 MPH.
- Made from 10 ply Canadian Maple and 1 ply fiberglass, offers a medium flex for a smooth ride.
- Includes wireless remote control with LCD screen for changing speeds and directions, and reversing. The new electric skateboard battery needs to be charged and discharged three times to reach the best...
- Range and Speed - A max speed of up to 19 MPH and a range of 6-10 miles, and equipped with a secured 36V, 4.0Ah and 144Wh Lithium-Ion battery pack which can be fully charged within 3 hours.
- 2020 New Released Wireless Remote - Easy to hold wireless remote that controls acceleration and deceleration with reverse capability. Two speed modes to beginners and advanced riders. Hold function to...
- Maple Wood + Bamboo Deck& Premium Grip Tape - The 7-ply maple wood deck sandwiched between 2 layers of bamboo on the top and bottom of the board giving it more flexibility and sturdiness. The deck is...
- 350W Brushless Hub Motor - Hub Motor vs Belt Drive Motor? Hub motors are more reliable and less problematic. Our hub motors give the board an aesthetically pleasing appearance to the overall design....
- Ships Fully Assembled and Ready to Ride - Save yourself the time and hassle of assembly when you can ride your board instantly out of the box! US based company with US based live customer support!
- Powered by a 125-watt motor, providing lithium-ion-powered electric skateboarding action at speeds up to 10 mph for up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- 29. 7 inch (754 mm) deck length and high quality 5-ply Maple deck deliver a lightweight, responsive ride perfect for cruising
- Includes a wireless (2. 4 Ghz) remote with wrist strap (replaceable) for variable-speed control of the electrifying carve-and-turn action
- Features high-grip urethane wheels and custom reverse kingpin trucks for enhanced stability, perforated grip tape and Geared, rear-wheel drive
- Recommended for ages 9 and older and will support a rider up to 220 pounds
- Refer video and /support for 1st time charging. Safety Priority: UL2272 cert. ensures Surfwheel meet high standards for fire and electrical safety.
- Fun & Safe ride: while self-balancing algorithm simulates surfing moves, the patented surfing drifting tire tread (US100651032) and patented safety/learner wheels on one wheel electric skateboard for...
- Applicable: designed for 13+, urban street road conditions (NOT FOR OFF ROAD CONIDTIONs such as mud, dirt, rocks, sand, hills, ice or snow.) Require practices to master.
- Spec: HX Edition. Max loading 220lbs (best fit ~180lbs). Max speed : 12 mph. App enabled. Support replaceable battery. Rain proof.
- Upgraded version of the battery